Niche marketing strategies are more important than ever in 2021. Rather than appealing to everyone with large, sweeping strategies, you ought to get personal. After 2021, customers want connection, and your brand needs to reach out and make that connection with each and every potential customer. This approach is called niche marketing also it really works.
What is niche marketing?
It's marketing to very specific people within very specific parameters. If you have heard the phrase “mile wide and inch deep,” this means you cover a lot of the population although not in a meaningful, deep way. In comparison, you want your niche marketing strategy to be “inch wide, mile deep.” You want a small audience, but lots of substance to offer.
Niche marketing is not a new concept, but how it's done in 2021 is completely fresh. So now you realize the idea behind it, here's how you can do it:
1. Build a meaningful, inclusive community around your brand
While the planet is living with COVID, marketing is no longer about your product or services, it's about your community. In a time when 'isolation' is a common phrase, making people feel included is more important than ever. Try to:
- Use social media such as FB groups to create conversations.
- Create talking points on social networking on your pages.
- Use a unique hashtag for your community users.
- Use online chats Share photos of the community on your socials and cause them to become do the same.
When your customers feel a part of something bigger than themselves, they're more likely to trust and believe in your products and brand.
2. Conversational commerce is key
Conversational commerce may be the buzz word of 2021. Consumers decide in under a second whether they know, like and believe in brand. In that second, the bottom line is to speak directly to them and let them know how you can help them, which builds instant rapport. Conversational commerce makes your customer feel like they have a trusted friend or advisor as opposed to a company trying to sell them things. This helps to establish brand loyalty too.
Examples of conversational commerce
- direct chat,
- Shopify ping,
- direct messages on social media,
- and comments are all ways to directly engage directly with your customer.
Why does direct chat matter? In 2021, the customer relationship has become about not only transactions. Using a real-time chat in your website is an accurate way to integrate this relationship into a customer journey. This helps them feel connected to a real person, rather than alone within their purchasing journey.
3. Increase opportunities for growth of your business
Niche marketing means you're speaking to a few specific people who really interact with your brand. This makes you more prone to expand successfully with a loyal customer based, rather than competing in a broad, vague marketplace against a large number of other similar brands.
Get specific with your message and brand ethos; Ete Swimwear is not only about swimwear, it's about feminine adventure. By pinpointing that specific niche, this brand could expand into other aspects of adventure as the brand has positioned itself in this manner from the beginning. If it were solely about swimwear, the opportunity for expansion would be limited.
Top benefits of evolving your niche marketing strategy in 2021
- You have already built the audience and trust.
- It is about how you can serve the current audience better and continue to grow with them so you do not get left behind as many online businesses do these days.
- Your customers will buy whatever you release as you have done 1 and 2 very well, therefore allowing you to grow and scale your business.
Niche marketing is set to dominate 2021 because being specific is more powerful than being broad. Whilst your products might be able to cater to everyone, your content and marketing is going to tell consumers who you want to talk to. So choose your community and reach out to them. They'll adore you and your brand for it.